I'd love to see you over at my new blog My Bird Flying Free

Monday, September 13, 2010

New Muse




This week the new Muse for September is Marianna Grigsby, she made 2 cool cards- check one out above - for the other and the Case Study DT cards click Here. I've taken inspiration from the orange, black and blue colour combo and butterflies, I've made this simple card- but I think the colours and stamps make it really effective. I've sponged the background with Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango ink and stamped with the crown from Artistic Etchings in Staz On Black. Added some butterflies, pearls and ribbon and we're done. Let me know what you think, I love getting your comments.

5 comments:

Karen Rogers said...

fabulous card - I like yours better than the inspiration

Sue Kohler said...

Debi this is a striking card, what a fabulous mix of the colours of Mariana's card! I love the clean and crisp stamping of the crown! Thanks for taking time out to join us at CASE study this week! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Deb, this is gorgeous! I love that sponged background and how the colors blend into each other. And those delicate butterflies look great with their wings popped up. Wonderful CASE so glad you could join us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, what a fabulously creative card! Your sponging is flawless, and I lvoe how you stamped the butterflies :)
Thanks so much for playing with us this week! xxx

delysc said...

This is stunning Debi and going into my CASE file..I love the colours youve used and the sponging and stamp set youve used is perfect!