I'd love to see you over at my new blog My Bird Flying Free

Monday, November 15, 2010

Kind Words



I didn't think I would have time for the Case Study Challenge this week but I just managed to squeeze it in :)
I've cased the layout from this months muse Heather Pulvirenti. I've layered textured Real Red Cardstock with DSP from Jolly Holiday and Newsprint and some Crumb Cake cardstock textured with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. I've sponged and distressed all the layers. And finally stamped with the retired Hostess Stamp Set Echoes of Kindness, I love this set. I've watercoloured the flowers with Riding Hood Red ink and Shimmer Paint. For final touches I've shimmer painted two butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Dies, and some wide Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and Hemp Twine.


15 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I LOOOOOOVE this, Debi! Beautiful, beautiful colours, and papers, and stamps .... and details. It is gorgeous!!

Melissa said...

mmm, this is fabulous, love all of it.

Paula said...

You are in your element with this beauty Debi! Fantastic CASE, just love everything you have done here, especially the colours.

Heather P. said...

This is simply stunning! Wow!

SallyLou said...

This is a beautiful card.

I love it.

Sally

TesaB said...

WOW! It's stunning!!!! Love it!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderfully vintage! Love the edge distressing and the gorgeous pink color! That black and white bow just sets it off...stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Julie said...

What a gorgeous card, love all of your texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASE Study this week.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOVE it!!! So gorgeously shabby and full of texture - YUMMY stuff! Thanks for playing with us :)

Keryn Campbell said...

Absolutely Stunning!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness! This is stunning! I love all that layered patterned papers!!! And it's full of texture! Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! :)

Chris said...

Just gorgeous - you've packed in so many beautiful details! I really enjoyed being the sponsor this week for CASE study - thanks for playing along!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors, the butterfly... congrats on being in the top 3.

Christina said...

The layers on this card are gorgeous! I love the layered butterflies, too. Congrats on your Top 3 spot at CASE Study!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Exquisite card!