I'd love to see you over at my new blog My Bird Flying Free

Monday, August 2, 2010

Double Challenge



Well the Just Add Ink Team are really testing us this week with a double challenge- A colour Combination but it has to be a Man card.... Well I'd normally associate these colours as feminine- so it's all good to be encouraged to try them in a different way.
Here's my card I wanted to do a landscape with a vintage postcard tinted look- So I sponged and painted the scene with my aqua painters. I'm quite happy with how it's turned out. Not sure whether a man card should have ribbon- but hey I think it adds something.

Materials:
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze.
DSP: Bella Bleu.
Stamp Set: Asian Artistry.
Other: Watercolour Paper, Linen Twine, Baja Breeze Ribbon.
Inks: Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip.


And don't forget to check out the blog for Helping Hudson

6 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Debi another beautiful card. The ribbon looks fine and you can put it on Mens cards.

Rhonda said...

This is a wonderful card Debi.
I love it.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Debi, i love the terrific job you did of this card.

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh, I love this! What fantastic effects!

Paula Dobson said...

Sp many techniques in one card! Fantastic Debi. I like the ribbon too, and the sewing, and the twine, and............!

Mae Collins said...

Why shouldn't a man card have ribbon? I really like what you have done here.