I'd love to see you over at my new blog My Bird Flying Free

Monday, June 27, 2011

Surf Birthday



What fun I had creating this card :-) I found a new to me challenge blog- The Paper Players and I had fun with their sketch this week.



I created the surf background using Alcohol and a re-inker on glossy card- just like another of my cards last week. I love getting a bit inky. There's also a lot of wet embossing on the card to stand up to the intense colour of the Taken With Teal.

Details:
Colour Combo: Pacific Point, Basic Black, Taken With Teal (Retired).
Stamp Sets: Seaworthy, Extreme Elements, Grunge Rock, French Foliage, Afterthoughts. (all SU)

12 comments:

Gerri Herbst said...

love your alcohol ink...background. beautiful.

Lesley said...

What a fabulous creation Debi! I am so happy you found us! This technique is not one I have tried yet but I see that I need to! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Sandra said...

Your card looks absolutely fantastic, Debi! I love the white embossing, it really makes it look like a wave of water. Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Rhonda said...

Awesome Debi, will have to try that technique one day. Can't always post comments on your blog but today I could. Thanks for all your comments on my work too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Debi, I love it, its very elegant. love the one in the post below too
hugs June xxxx

Lauri said...

Great card! Love the technique and the combination of stamps you used! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

hazel said...

A fabulous card Debi - I love the background.
xxx Hazel.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is awesome! I don't even remember that surfer image!! So glad you were able to play with the Paper Players this week!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Debi,
What a neat background! Love the pop of black against the blue, this is beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a fabulous technique! The background is spectacular! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Debi! I love how you created that awesome background! So perfect with the image. Wow! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Unknown said...

Wow I love the background of the card.
Thank you for the comment with a little french.lol.
Hugs